Level 4 Outsourcing
Health & Safety Consultant completing health and safety work for you within school
It is important for schools to manage health and safety effectively. Our health and safety outsourcing package provides you with an onsite Health and Safety Consultant one day or half a day per week, who will assist your school leaders/management in fulfilling their legal requirements. Your consultant will also spend time mentoring/coaching existing staff where required.
This service is tailored to meet the needs of your school, its statutory duties and best practice.
Our health and safety outsourcing service includes:
• Development or review of school specific health and safety policy
• Development or review of other health & safety related policies, procedures and guidance documents
• Development or review of school specific risk assessments
• Provision of a range of checklists e.g. site, premises, equipment
• Fire risk assessment review, first aid risk assessment, COSHH assessments and whole school stress risk assessment
• Development or review of curriculum policies (if required), procedures and risk assessments – PE, Science including, radiation monitoring in secondary schools, Design and Technology (including food technology), Art and Performing Arts and supporting guidance updated in line with new legislation, case law and good practice
• Health and safety inspections and advice, to include outdoor fixed play equipment
• Curriculum based inspections within PE, Science and Design & Technology
• Telephone and email support
• Regular newsletters including case law, incidents and items of interest
• Access to an online health and safety management system which includes access to; CREST Safety Online Accident Reporting System to enable you to report all work related incidents (if required), a health and safety information library, risk assessment module, checklists module (inc. audits and inspections), an asset management module to assist with the management of statutory inspections
• Access to CREST’s website which includes access to inspection checklists, employee guidance documents, a range of induction checklists, stress and wellbeing information
• A health & safety audit if required
• Support with accident investigation and reporting to the HSE where required
• Attendance at health and safety consultation/committee group meetings as required
• Support with routine inspection of asbestos containing materials
• Stress analysis questionnaire and report. Provision of wellbeing information
For schools outside of the West Midlands region additional costs may incur.
For schools that are part of a Multi Academy Trust/Company the cost can be split across all schools. Please ask us for further details if this interests you.