Health and Safety Outsourcing
CREST Education Safety Services offer health and safety support to schools by taking on the responsibility of employing extra staff and outsourcing their time. In outsourcing health and safety to us it allows you to allocate significant spend elsewhere. The expense of recruiting a full time health and safety officer with school based experience is not one many schools can afford.
It is important for schools to manage health and safety effectively.
Our health and safety outsourcing package provides you with an onsite Health and Safety officer one day or half a day per week, who will assist your school leaders/management in fulfilling their legal requirements.
Our highly qualified and experienced health and safety professionals support schools, PRUs and academy leaders in meeting their statutory duty to protect staff, pupils and visitors involved in, or affected by, school activities. Our professionals help you to promote a positive health and safety culture.
This service is tailored to meet the needs of your school, its statutory duties and good practice. At the start of your contract a dedicated health and safety officer meets with your school’s responsible person for health and safety to discuss and plan the support you require.
Our health and safety outsourcing service includes:
- Access to an online health and safety management system which includes access to:
- a health and safety information library,
- risk assessment module,
- audits, inspections and checklists module,
- an asset management module,
- task manager system.
- Competent health and safety advice and wellbeing support on site, over the telephone or via email.
- Access to the CREST Safety Online Accident Reporting System to enable you to report all work related incidents (if required).
- Support with serious accident/incident investigation.
- Management of RIDDOR reportable incidents/dangerous occurrences including support for investigation and reporting to the HSE on your behalf (where relevant).
- A comprehensive audit of health and safety management systems each academic year including an action plan and a report on health and safety performance for the Governing Body.
- Development of school specific health and safety policies, procedures, management checklists and supporting guidance updated in line with new legislation, case law and good practice.
- Development of procedures and risk assessments relating to – PE, Science including, radiation monitoring in secondary schools, Design and Technology (including food technology), Art and Performing Arts and supporting guidance updated in line with new legislation, case law and good practice.
- Development of risk assessments including fire.
- Health and safety inspections and advice, to include play equipment.
- Support with developing COSHH assessments.
- Property management audit.
- Development of an asbestos management plan where a pre-existing asbestos management survey is in place.
- Support undertaking asbestos containing materials inspections.
- Attendance at one committee meeting per academic year.
Regular newsletters including case law, incidents and items of interest.
Contract duration: 2 years