Health and Safety Support SLA
Our highly qualified and experienced health and safety professionals support schools, PRUs and academy leaders in meeting their statutory duty to protect staff, pupils and visitors to include contractors/workers involved in or affected by school activities.
Our professionals help you to promote a positive health and safety culture.
This service is tailored to meet the needs of your school, its statutory duties and best practice.
At the start of your contract a dedicated health and safety officer meets with your school’s responsible person for health and safety to discuss and plan the support you require.
The service includes:
- Access to an online health and safety management system which includes access to:
- a health and safety information library,
- risk assessment module,
- audits, inspections and checklists module,
- an asset management module,
- task manager system.
- Competent health and safety advice and wellbeing support over the telephone or via email. Assistance with enforcement action if required.
- Access to the CREST Safety Online Accident Reporting System to enable you to report all work related incidents (if required).
- Initial site visit to support serious accident/incident investigation.
- Management of RIDDOR [Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations] reportable incidents/dangerous occurrences including support for investigation and reporting to the Health and Safety Executive [HSE] on your behalf (where relevant).
- Provision of model school specific health and safety policies, procedures, management checklists and supporting guidance updated in line with new legislation, case law and good practice.
- Provision of model procedures and model risk assessments relating to the curriculum – PE, Science, including radiation monitoring in secondary schools, Design and Technology (including food technology), Art and Performing Arts and supporting guidance updated in line with new legislation, case law and good practice.
- Provision of model risk assessments (not including fire).
- Provision of model fire safety and emergency planning templates.
- Review of your current fire risk assessment (where this is within 5 years old and with an up to date building plan).
- Support with developing COSHH [Control of Substances Hazardous to Health] assessments.
- Termly health and safety inspections and advice which could include equipment inspections, ladder inspections and play equipment inspections.
- Development of an asbestos management plan where a pre-existing asbestos management survey is in place.
- Support undertaking asbestos containing materials inspections.
- Attendance at one committee meeting per academic year.
- One additional day consultancy per academic year which can be taken at any time as a whole day or 2 half days. This time can be used to provide any additional service provided within the health and safety outsourcing package except fire risk assessment and the wellbeing support package.
- Regular newsletters including case law, incidents and items of interest.
Contract duration: 12 months